Erik L. Smith - Law Clerk
Erik Smith is a graduate of South Texas College of Law - Houston and currently serves as a law clerk for Evans & Powell, PLLC. Erik is taking the February 2018 bar exam. Once licensed, he will work as an attorney at Evans & Powell, PLLC handling DWI/Criminal cases. Erik was raised in Houston and graduated from The University of Houston. Erik has clerked for a collections firm and worked as an intern at the Harris County Public Defender’s Office where he helped defend indigent clients against criminal allegations.
Erik has completed all of the requiremnts to become an ACS-CHAL Lawyer Scientist. Erik has certificates in Forensic Chromatography: Theory & Practice, Forensic Analysis of Solid Drugs, and Forensic Principles of DUID issued by Axion Labs and the American Chemical Society. Once licensed, he is eligible to receive the official designation of ACS-CHAL Lawyer Scientist.
Erik moonlights as a local musician and you might find him performing onstage at venues across the Houston area. Erik also has a teenage daughter and together they have been training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu for more than year.
- University of Houston – Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) – Spanish and Politcal Science
- South Texas College of Law - Houston (J.D.)
Certifications and Awards
- Standardized Field Sobriety Testing (SFST) - Practitioner
- Drug Recognition Expert Course (DECP)
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Harris County Criminal Lawyers Association
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association